POST-MASTER'S DOCTOR OF NURSING PRACTICE TRACK
Villanova Post-Master’s Nursing’s Doctor of Nursing Practice degree prepares Advanced Practice Registered Nurses and nurse executives with knowledge in evidence-based practice, organizational leadership and financial acumen to lead innovation in nursing practice and health care.
The online, synchronous DNP prepares nurse leaders to translate nursing science in practice, collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to develop solutions and achieve positive health care outcomes for individuals and populations.
The DNP track is designed to ensure that the graduates attain the required advanced knowledge and skills to navigate the complexities of the healthcare system.
Graduates of the Villanova DNP will be able to:
- Integrate nursing science with advanced levels of systems thinking and accountability in designing, delivering, and evaluating evidence-based practice to improve healthcare quality, safety, and outcomes
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of patient-driven, institutional, local, state, federal and/or global health policy in a select content/specialty area
- Use leadership skills to design, direct, implement and execute quality improvement projects
- Effectively collaborate with nursing and other disciplines in clinical practice
- Promote cultural competence in response to the healthcare needs and concerns of society
- Provide guidance, mentor and support other nurses to achieve excellence in nursing practice