This policy applies to all wireless network users at Villanova University and covers all unlicensed radio frequencies on campus.
Ownership and Management of Radio Airspace
1. Villanova University is the owner of all the unlicensed radio frequencies on campus, which includes the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectrum. University Information Technologies (UNIT) is responsible for managing and securing these radio frequencies for the use and benefit of the University community.
2. UNIT is solely responsible for providing wireless networking services on campus. No other department may deploy wireless routers, bridges, and/or DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) services on campus.
3. UNIT is responsible for maintaining a secure network and will deploy adequate security procedures to support wireless networking on campus.
4. UNIT will work with departments to accommodate special requests and events, where feasible.
5. All users of wireless network resources at Villanova University are subject to the applicable Network Acceptable Use Policy. [link] Users of wireless resources at Villanova agree to have read and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in that policy.
Wireless Service Considerations
Broad wireless network coverage is available throughout the campus. Signal quality of service and download speeds, can vary depending on device, location, and the number of simultaneous connections in a particular location.