- Active Villanova students, faculty and staff have access to wireless service when visiting participating Eduroam institutions.
- Visitors from participating Eduroam institutions can access Villanova’s wireless network.
- For a full list of institutions, see the Where can I Eduroam page. On the page, you can browse through a scroll list or review an alphabetical list at the bottom.
Villanova Welcomes Eduroam
What is Eduroam ?
Eduroam provides free and secure wireless service for members of participating universities.
How do I Access?
When you visit a participating eduroam institution, look for the wireless network eduroam and log in using this format:
My Nova firstname.lastname@example.org and password
- If you are visiting Villanova from a member Eduroam institution, look for the wireless network eduroam and log in with your university account in this format:
- Active Villanova Community Members who have an My Nova username and password.
- Villanova visitors from participating Eduroam institutions who are have a university/institution account username and password.
- Eduroam website
- Villanova users that are visiting other locations
You will need to use email@example.com
Test your credentials at office.villanova.edu
Contact TechZone 610-519-7777
- Non-Villanova users visiting Villanova
Verify you are using the firstname.lastname@example.org format
Contact your institution for support.
Make sure you are connecting to eduroam network
- Mobile devices may need to accept/trust certificate to join the network
WiFi (802.11b/g/n) enabled device, such as a laptop, tablet, or smart phone and login credentials
1. From the Start menu select the Control Panel
2. Select Network and Sharing Center
3. Select Manage Wireless Networks
4. Locate eduroam profile
5. Right-click the eduroam profile and select properties
6. Click on the security tab
7. Click the settings button next to 'Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)' authentication method
8. Click Configure next to 'Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)' authentication method
9. Make sure that the check box next to 'Automatically use my Windows logon name and password' is unchecked.
10. Click OK on all open windows to save settings.