The use of Information Technology is an integral part of today's campus life. Its study and application are necessary ingredients of a contemporary education. As such, UNIT's strategic priorities are to:
- Effective use of instructional technologies to enhance teaching, learning and research
- Empower users through self service access to information and services
- Seek technology vendor alliances & partnerships
- Enhance the technological experience on campus
- Delivery of a comprehensive, pragmatic security, and information protection program
- Enhance the university technology infrastructure
UNIT's Commitment To Service
UNIT’s Service Strategy is to sustain our commitment to providing excellent IT service to the Villanova community. UNIT views quality customer service as a core value of its mission – it’s a major component of Villanova’s promise of personal attention
To achieve excellent IT support, UNIT will implement best-practices based on the IT Service Management for planning, provisioning, and supporting IT processes and services.
Service Strategy and Goals:
- UNIT’s commitment to IT service excellence is reflected in these goals:
- Manage to a Consistent Collection of IT Service Management
- Best-Practices focused on improving Change & Configuration Management and providing a Comprehensive Knowledgebase.
- Establish, Renew, and Maintain Credibility with Customers (Students, Faculty, and Staff) with a Commitment to Personal Attention and Problem Ownership and Resolution.
- UNIT and University communication, disciplined IT Project Management and Training and Professional Development.
- Utilize Metrics, Root/Trend Analysis of IT Service Breakdowns and Outages to determine effective remedies.
- Profile UNIT as an Excellent IT Service Provider using the UNIT “Good to Great” and “We Can Do Better” Marketing Campaign.