While the Villanova community has been away, UNIT has been busy preparing the campus to allow teaching, learning, research, and work to continue no matter where you are this fall. We know this semester will be unlike any before, and we are committed to doing our part to ensure the health and safety of the community.
Some changes you’ll notice include:
- Updated technology in the classrooms to support simulcasting for hybrid learning
- Expanded Zoom licensing to provide accounts to all Villanova students, faculty, and staff
- Reconfigured student printing areas and TechZones to support social distancing and safe, in-person interactions
- Waived the Wildcard deposit transaction fee this fall so that you can add money to your card from anywhere (and we have relocated the Wildcard deposit machines to a quieter space in Dougherty for those who want to use them)
- Expanded wireless network coverage to include more temporary classroom and study spaces, including the outdoor tents
- Launched the Daily COVID Self-Assessment, accessible from the Nova Safe mobile app or through Nova Now.
If you need help, we have expanded our live chat and phone support hours for the fall, and we introduced a Virtual TechZone on Zoom to help with the semester start. As always, you can submit a ticket through the Self Service Help Desk or through the Nova Now mobile app.
Here in UNIT, we believe our mission involves engaging collaboratively and proactively with the university community to accelerate the teaching, learning, and research missions of the University and create an optimized student experience through trusted advisement and consistent delivery of quality, forward-leaning technology solutions. We are committed to doing our part to uphold the CARITAS Commitment through the changes we have made this summer and in how we conduct ourselves this fall. We look forward to seeing you on campus and through many of the collaborative tools available. I have included links below to help get you started with popular topics, but please reach out if there is anything we can do to help you get the most out of technology at Villanova!
Chief Information Officer