RISING JUNIOR HOUSING SELECTION
This following information will assist you in securing on‐campus housing for the 2020‐2021 academic year. The Rising Junior Housing Selection Process will begin January 2020. All steps of the process will be completed on the Housing and Dining Web Page.
Feel free to contact our office with questions by phone at 610‐519‐4155, by email to Marie Schauder or in person at the Office for Residence Life, located on the Ground Floor of Stanford Hall.
- Rising Juniors ‐ Current second-year students who reside in the residence halls and who were admitted to the University as first- time residents during the 2018‐2019 academic year. Students who obtained housing via a wait list (transfers and commuters) are eligible to participate in their class year appropriate housing selection process.
- Judicial Status and Eligibility – As determined by the Dean of Students Office, a student’s eligibility to participate in the housing selection process may be affected by his/ her disciplinary record.
In January, second-year residents will receive detailed information by email from Residence Life about their housing options for junior/senior year and instructions about participating in the housing selection process.
Step 1 - Complete the Housing Application/Contract and Select Roommates
Students will first need to confirm their intent to reside on-campus during their junior year by completing the housing application and contract online. Students will be able to access, complete and submit an online housing applications available via the Housing and Dining Web Page from January 13 - January 24, 2020. Students will also be able to enter their preferred roommate(s) as part of the housing application process.
Step 2 - Housing Selection Time
Students who complete the housing application and contract will subsequently be issued a computer-generated random housing selection time. Separate selection times are generated for male and female students.
Please note: Factors such as previous housing assignment, assignment to a converted triple room, difficulties with roommates, academic standing, participation in special activities and other factors are not considered when generating selection times.
Step 3 - Online Housing Selection
Students will then be able to choose their housing assignment online at their designated housing selection time.
Housing Selection Timeline:
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 Rising Juniors Receive Housing Selection Times After 1 pm via the Housing and Dining Web Page.
- Housing Selection for Rising Juniors will begin at 9 am on Thursday, February 6, 2020 and end on Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Students can access the Room Select Link beginning at their designated selection time.
- The Room Select link is only available Monday - Friday between 9 am and 5 pm.
- The Room Select link is NOT active on Saturday or Sunday or Monday - Friday between the hours of 5:01 pm and 8:59 am.
Please note: The demand to reside in certain halls, especially The Commons and the West Campus Apartments, often exceeds the capacity of those halls. It is possible that students with a later selection time may not secure their first or second choice of housing. It is important that students have thought about other housing options beyond their first or second choices.
RESIDENCE HALL OPTIONS FOR RISING JUNIORS 2020-2021
- St. Mary's Hall - Single Rooms and a Limited Number of Double and Triple Rooms
- Farley, Gallen, Jackson and St. Clare Halls - 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Full Kitchen Apartments and a Limited Number of 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Kitchenette Apartments
- Klekotka Hall - 2 Bedroom, 1.5 Bath, Full Kitchen Apartments
- Moulden Hall - 4 Person, 2 Bedroom, Full Bath Apartments - Moulden Hall will be a mixed class year building and will provide housing for Honors students interested in living community together.
- The Commons - 4 person, 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Kitchenette Units and Clustered Singe Rooms - Students living in the Clusters - 6 - 8 rooms - share a Semi-Private Bath