Receiving a Housing Assignment
As an entering freshman in the fall, you will receive a Housing Assignment if:
- you applied and were accepted to the University as a resident student for first-time undergraduate studies beginning in the fall
- you paid your deposit
- you completed your housing contract.
Housing Contract Availability
New resident students admitted to the University via Early Decision who submit their Admissions Deposit by Tuesday, January 7, 2020 will be able to access, complete and submit an online Housing Contract via the Housing & Dining Web Page the Freshman Housing Contract between February 24 and June 1, 2020.
New resident students admitted to the University via the Early Action and Regular Decision Processes will be able to access, complete and submit an online Housing Contract via the Housing & Dining Web Page. The Freshman Housing Contract will be available to between Friday, May 1 and Monday, June 1, 2020.
Completing Your Housing Contract
Students who submit the non-refundable admission deposit, will be able to complete their housing application and accept the terms of your housing contract between May 1 and June 1 at for Regular Decision Applicants and February 24 - June 1 for Early Decision Applicants. If you submit your admission deposit on April 28 or later, you will need to wait three (3) business days to be able to access the housing application.
Freshman residents may not request a specific building or type of room.
- New residents are assigned housing and roommates based on gender, date Housing Contract/Application received enrollment in designated Learning Communities or Special Interest Housing Options and—when possible—preferences specified in a questionnaire that accompanies the Housing Contract.
- If you have circumstances that may require other housing accommodations, please contact Marie Schauder to coordinate how we can best work with you.
- Freshman housing assignments and roommate information will be available via the Housing & Dining Web Page during the last week of July. Students will receive an email to their villanova.edu address when housing assignments are available.
Freshman residents are assigned roommates on the basis of gender, date Housing Contract received enrollment in designated Learning Communities or Special Interest Housing Options and on the responses submitted in the questionnaire section of the Housing Contract.
Freshmen resident students have the option of requesting one, two or three preferred roommates. Students requesting to live with two or three preferred roommates should note that space in standard (rooms designed to accommodate 3 or 4 students) triple and quad rooms is limited and Residence Life may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Please note the following regarding roommate assignment.
- Students do not need to request a preferred roommate.
- Selection of a preferred roommate(s) is for students who have someone they know or have met in person with whom they would like to live.
- Your preferred roommate(s) must have been admitted to the University as a Resident Student and have paid their Admissions Deposit.
- Residence Life will make a reasonable effort to accommodate requests to be assigned with a particular roommate, provided that interest in sharing a room is mutual and each resident has designated the other as a preferred roommate when completing the Housing Application/Contract.
- PLEASE NOTE REQUESTS RECEIVED AFTER JUNE 1ST MAY NOT BE HONORED! Housing assignments for preferred roommates will be based on the earliest date of housing application submission of the two, three or four roommates.
Standard Triple and Quad Room Assignments:
Selecting one preferred roommate does not exclude you from being assigned to a triple or quad room. Roommate pairs assigned to a standard triple or quad room will be assigned together with a third or fourth random roommate.
Requesting Preferred Roommates
As submission of the Housing Application/Contract is time sensitive, students who are interested in requesting a preferred roommates and who are still making final roommate arrangments should:
- Submit their housing application/contract without adding their roommate(s) to the application.
- If a student wishes to add a preferred roommate(s) after submitting their housing application, they need to do so via the Roommate Preference Form link, which will appear on the housing webpage after submitting the Housing Contract.
- To request housing with a preferred roommate(s), students will need:
- the correct spelling of their preferred roommates’ last names; and
- their preferred roommates' Villanova University User IDs.
Applying to a Learning Community
Students will be able to apply to a Learning Community via the Housing & Dinging Web Page.
- Students will express their initial interest in participating in a Learning Community as part of the housing contract.