Skip to main content

Insurance for Personal Property

The University’s property insurance only covers property that is owned by the University. It does not cover damage to students' personal property.  It is highly recommended that students insure their own personal property via their parent’s homeowners insurance or a renters/tenants insurance policy. It is important to confirm with your homeowners insurance carrier that student’s property (including computers and other electronics) will be fully covered for loss while housed outside of the family dwelling.

As stated in the Student Handbook and the housing contract, the University assumes no legal obligation to pay for loss of or damage to items of student’s personal property occurring on campus or in its buildings or storage areas.

For your reference, the following is a list of insurance companies that offer renters/tenants insurance to college students. Please note that the University does not endorse any of the companies listed below or linked from this page:

Company Contact Information
Allstate Insurance 610-642-9919 - Web
CSI Insurance Agency
Erie Insurance 610-446-5059
Homesite Insurance
McIntyre Insurance 610-940-0750
National Student Services, Inc.
Progressive Insurance
Sallie Mae Insurance
Safeco Insurance (Liberty Mutual)
State Farm Insurance (610) 631-5030 -
Watt & Dobson, Inc. 610-642-6700
Worth Ave. Group