Skip to main content

Cancelling Your Contract

Students wishing to cancel their housing contract during the Fall or Spring Semesters should contact the Office for Residence Life directly at 610-519-4155 or  If cancelling your housing at the end of the Fall Semester for the Spring Semester, please go to the Housing and Dining Web Page to cancel your housing contact.  The housing cancellation form for Spring Semester cancellations will be available beginning November 1st.

Please Note:

  • If you are canceling your housing contract during the academic year:
    • for an academic reason (participating in a study abroad or internship program) - you will not be charged a cancellation fee and you willl not forego your housing guarantee.You may still participate in your class appropriate housing selection process.
    • to take a leave of absence or to withdraw from the university - you will not be charged a cancellation fee, but will forego your housing guarantee, as outlined in the Housing Contract.  If you wish to live on campus again, you may place your name on a waiting list for on-campus housing. While not guaranteed, The Office for Residence Life willl make every effort to accomodate students who are returning from a Medical Leave of Absence.
    • to move off campus - you will be charged a $500 cancellation fee prior to May 15 and a $1000 fee after May 15, as outlined in the Housing Contract, and will forego your housing guarantee and may not participate in future housing selection processes.

Students who terminate their Housing Contract prior to the start of a semester will receive a full refund of their housing costs, less appropriante cancellation fees. Students who terminate their Housing Contract after the first day of the academic term will be refunded their housing costs on a per diem basis (e.g., number of days remaining in the academic term at the time of their departure).