Welcome to Villanova EMS
The Villanova Emergency Medical Service (VEMS) is a 100% student-run, volunteer ambulance service licensed and dedicated to providing Basic Life Support (BLS) care to Villanova University’s campus community of approximately 10,000 students, faculty, and staff.
VEMS is headquartered in the Health Services Building near the Villanova University main entrance on North Ithan Avenue, across from the Davis Athletic Center, Bartley Hall and next to Driscoll Hall. The Health Services Building also houses the Student Health Center, Counseling Center, and the Office of Health Promotion.
In the Augustinian spirit of service and community, Villanova Emergency Medical Service is an all-student volunteer organization that seeks to provide its members the opportunity to develop leadership and interpersonal skills, acquire vocational experience, and gain a lifelong affection for community service. This mission is accomplished by providing the Villanova community with year-round emergency medical service, free of charge, in a manner that is respectful of individual rights and dignity.
- To provide pre-hospital emergency care to all persons in need, regardless of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, physical/mental handicap or ability to pay; and to provide that care with compassion and understanding.
- To provide pre-hospital emergency care in a timely and professional manner.
- To provide this care according to the policies set forth by the Local and State Emergency Health Service Councils.
- To appropriately respond to the growing needs of our service area.
- To educate the general public and increase their awareness of the services and educational opportunities available.