Dear Members of the Villanova Community:
As faculty and students return to campus from Spring Break, I wanted to remind our community of the following precautions the University has instituted:
- If students are not feeling well, they should immediately call the Student Health Center (open 24/7) at 610-519-4070 to make an appointment.
- For any faculty or staff member who becomes ill, we ask you to be in contact as soon as possible with your primary care provider.
- Faculty and staff needing to comply with the 14-day self-monitoring period at home should notify their department chair or supervisor.
If a student is required to comply with the 14-day self-monitoring period at home before returning to campus or is diagnosed with COVID-19:
- They will miss class for an extended period and these absences are to be considered excused. Whenever possible, students should inform their advisors and instructors if they are missing class and notify the Student Health Center.
- The Student Health Center staff will contact the appropriate Assistant or Associate Dean, who will then contact the instructors. The Student Health Center communication to the Assistant or Associate Dean will serve as the documentation needed by the Dean.
Please note that absence from class does not release the students from work assigned. Students who miss an in-class obligation (exam, presentation, etc.) due to an excused absence will not be penalized. The instructor may offer a make-up test, arrange an alternative time for a presentation, exempt a student from the assignment, or provide another arrangement.
As Father Peter wrote in a recent communication to the campus community, “we understand this is an unsettling situation as new information emerges on a daily basis. Please know we are doing everything we can at Villanova to protect the health and well-being of our community members here on campus and abroad, and we urge you to do your part as well.”
Craig Wheeland, PhD
Vice Provost for Academics