Insurance & Risk Management Considerations
Certificates of Insurance
- Any vendor coming on campus to provide services or products is required to provide an insurance certificate meeting the below requirements.
- Villanova University must be named as Additional Insured.
- General Liability: $3,000,000 each occurrence minimum*
- Automobile Liability: $3,000,000 each accident minimum*
- *The General and Automobile Liability limits can be made by means of Umbrella or Excess Liability
- Workers Compensation/Employers Liability: Statutory (waived if sole proprietor)
- Preferred Vendors/ University Suppliers have current insurance certificates on file.
- If a vendor does not meet our standard requirements above, please ask the vendor to send an insurance certificate with its maximum limits evidenced for Insurance & Risk Management to review. Only Insurance & Risk Management can make exceptions to University’s standard insurance requirements.
- Contracts should be reviewed by Insurance & Risk Management before being signed. Some contracts depending on value will also be sent to General Counsel for review.
- The vendor will often provide a contract into which we can incorporate our terms and conditions.
- Only those with signing authority for Villanova can sign contracts. Students do not have authority to sign contracts.
- Required for minors (under 18) participating in University events. Must be signed by parent or legal guardian of minor.
- Required for University sponsored trips off campus.
- Required for certain inherently risky activities held on campus, such as inflatables, athletic activities, etc.
- Any company hired by Villanova to transport our students or others (including minors) must be a University Preferred or Approved Bus Company. The current approved bus company listing is always available on the Insurance and Risk Management website.
Interaction with Minors (non-students under age 18)
- Please see the Minors in University Programs Policy available on the Insurance & Risk Management website.