Villanova University is built on strong community ideals, with each member of the community responsible for upholding these ideals in an effort to create a culture of mutual love and respect. Members of fraternities and sororities are expected to acknowledge and commit to striving to uphold the following Villanova University community ideals and Fraternity and Sorority Life expectations of membership throughout their time at Villanova University and beyond.
OVERARCHING VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY IDEALS
As a member of this community:
- I work to create a welcoming community where the dignity of each person is valued and respected.
- I commit to an educational environment where teaching and learning are at the center of who I am and what I do.
- I embrace selfless action in the interest of the common good with integrity, compassion, and humility guiding my decisions and behavior.
- I acknowledge that respect, justice, and love define us as a community and are the standards by which I measure the success of my interactions.
- I contribute to the community through active participation in campus life and service to others.
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY FRATERNITY AND SORORITY LIFE EXPECTATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
- I will always strive to uphold and demonstrate the Villanova University core values of Veritas, Unitas, and Caritas when representing my chapter and the larger Fraternity and Sorority Life community.
- I will aim to promote honesty, respect, pride, and unity not only within the chapter, but also across all chapters within Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- I will strive to promote the Fraternity and Sorority Life community in a fair and just manner to prospective members, other chapters, and the larger Villanova University community.
- I commit to respecting other chapters' autonomy and heritage.
- I commit to doing my part to execute the recruitment process in a fair, authentic, and ethical fashion.
- I will strive to create an environment where hazing is not tolerated under any circumstances.
- I aim to use sound judgment in any actions and/or decision-making and will encourage my peers to do the same.
- I commit to holding fraternities and sororities to the highest standards in accordance with Pennsylvania state law, the Villanova University mission statement and values, Office of Student Involvement and Fraternity and Sorority Life mission statement and values, Villanova University Student Code of Conduct, and other guidelines set forth by the Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Council, and Panhellenic Council.
As a member of a Greek-letter organization I commit to representing a Fraternity and Sorority Life community that is larger than myself, and always striving to do my part to uphold these Villanova University community ideals and FSL expectations of membership.