Thank you for your interest in Fraternity and Sorority Life at Villanova. The first step to becoming a member of the IFC community is participating in the IFC recruitment process. While IFC recruitment is designed to be a good opportunity to learn about the Villanova Fraternity and Sorority Life community and to get to know the chapters and individual members, there are some basic ground rules that must be provided for the process to run smoothly and effectively. These guidelines are listed below.
Spring 2020 IFC Recruitment Timeline
Tuesday, Jan. 21 - Thursday, Jan. 30 - IFC Recruitment (specific events TBD)
Grades and Conduct Check:
- All potential new members must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university.
- Only those who have completed the first semester of their freshmen year (at Villanova University or another institution of higher education) and who have completed no less than 12 credit hours may participate in the recruitment process.
- Fraternity and Sorority Life staff will check current grades and disciplinary history prior to the recruitment time period.
- All potential new members MUST complete an online recruitment registration form and sign a grade and conduct release form, by the required deadline, to be eligible to participate in IFC recruitment. This year, registration will be open from Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 to Friday, Jan. 25, 2019. Any student that does not register within this time frame will not be eligible to participate in IFC primary recruitment during the Spring 2019 semester.
- No alcohol is permitted at recruitment events. Any individual that is or appears to be intoxicated will be removed from the recruitment process.
- No potential new member may attend an event sponsored by a fraternity or member of a fraternity, where alcohol is present, during the recruitment period.
- Bid Night parties or other social gatherings involving alcohol are strictly prohibited.
- Unrecognized organizations will be referred to as just that - not "off-campus" or "underground" fraternities.
If you suspect something might be against the rules it probably is, so please use your best judgment. If you find yourself unsure of anything or would like clarification on a rule, please contact a Fraternity and Sorority Life staff member in Dougherty Hall (Room 108), by email, or by phone at 610-519-7285. Above all else, please be considerate of fellow potential new members and exercise respect for the entire Fraternity and Sorority Life community in your actions.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you at recruitment this spring!