The Association for Change and Transformation (ACT) strives to educate the Villanova community on the dynamics surrounding social identity, power, privilege, and oppression through interactive workshops and dialogue. ACT enhances Villanova student’s lives by bringing awareness to the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion to promote a society of acceptance. ACT hopes to achieve a greater sense of difference, understanding, and openness among the Villanova community.
- Touch of Diversity Skit: During Orientation, ACT members will participate in an intensive week-long training on identity development and facilitation or performance skills. They then perform a skit for all new incoming students, followed by facilitated conversations, that hopes to disrupt new students perceptions of what happens at Villanova and provide tools to act as an ally.
- Diversity Skit 2.0: During the Spring semester, ACT members perform new skits or activities for the entire campus community to continue the conversations regarding the experiences of marginalized identities.
- Real Talks: ACT leads facilitated dialogues amongst students on a current topic in society.
- Facilitator Training: ACT hosts a training, led by esteemed faculty/staff, for Villanova students to learn facilitation skills and practice those skills amongst peers.
- Workshops: ACT members are available to lead facilitate dialogue/workshops for the Villanova campus community.
If you would like to join ACT or learn more about the programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.