Healthy Choices in Dougherty Dining Hall
· Start at the salad bar. There are endless healthy toppings not only for salads, but think outside the box and add these foods to top your favorite entrees, soups, sandwiches, etc.
· Choose a dressing that is light or oil-based, such as olive oil, for a good source of “healthy” fats.
· Look for cooked seasonal vegetables. Not only will they be the freshest, but they’ll also taste great too! Dougherty Hall always offers a minimum of two vegetables during lunch and dinner.
· Pick a lean protein like grilled chicken, available at the deli during lunch. Some plant-based proteins can even be found on the salad bar. Remember that cooked broccoli, lentils, beans, and more all contain protein to keep you energized throughout the day.
· Vegan or Vegetarian? No worries! Dougherty Hall offers a hot entrée every lunch and dinner. Each day we offer a vegan soup too. The salad bar carries plant-based staples like beans, edamame, tofu, and freshly-made hummus.