Quinoa Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Water or Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- ½ ea Carrot, shredded
- ½ cup Cabbage, shredded
- ½ lb. Non GMO Tofu, cubed
- ½ cup Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp Ginger. minced
- ½ cup Low Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 small Onion, cut into strips
- 1 small Red Peppers, cut into strips
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 1 T Cilantro
- 2 T Oil
- Place quinoa in microwavable bowl and rinse the under cold water 2-3 times. Add vegetable stock or water to the rinsed quinoa and cover with plastic wrap. Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from microwave and fluff with a fork.
- Take the cut vegetables, tofu, and the beans and mix with the quinoa. In a bowl whisk together the cilantro, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, oil and teriyaki sauce. Pour over the quinoa and vegetable mixture to coat. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the kale leaves and place the quinoa mixture inside and roll up.
- Any of the reserved teriyaki sauce can be used for dipping.