We take pride in the recognition we receive from our customers and our peers as well as the associations we are members of. Some of our recent awards and recognition includes:
- Villanova Dining Services takes Third Place in the 2018 NACUFS Loyal E. Horton Dining Awards for a Catering Special Event.
- Villanova Dining Services is ranked #38 by CollegeRank.net
- Gail Mitchell is awarded Second Place in the NACUFS Mid-Atlantic Regional Culinary Challenge in March 2016.
- Michelle Capobianchi receives the 2012 Distinguished Service Award
- Tim Dietzler wins the Richard Lichtenfelt Award at the 2012 NACUFS national conference, the award was named after the association’s first president, Richard Lichtenfelt, who served from 1958 to 1960 and recognizes outstanding service to NACUFS on a national level.
- Chef Werner Edler, Chef Nancy Miller, Chef Brian Kateuz and Chef Carlos Briones win a silver medal at the 18th Annual Chef Conference at UMASS – Simple Food, Healthy Eating Culinary competition.
- Werner Edler, Executive Chef for Catering wins Gold in the NACUFS Culinary Challenge at the 2012 National Conference in Boston.
- Rich Hall, General Manager of St. Mary's & 2nd Storey, wins the "Above and Beyond" award at the 2012 University Staff Council Community Picnic.
- Werner Edler, Executive Chef for Catering wins First Place at the 2012 NACUFS Mid Atlantic Regional Conference at Penn State. Chef Werner will be representing the region in the culinary challenge at the national conference in Boston in July.
- Villanova University Staff Council 2011 Above and Beyond Award is presented to Maria D'Alicandro of The Curley Exchange.
- Recipient of 2010 IFMA Silver Plate Award.
- Recipient of 2010 IFMA Gold Plate Award.
- University Staff Council "Above and Beyond Award" for serving through the blizzards and record snow fall of 2010.
- Alana Mullin receives the 2010 Student Employee of the Year for the Mid Atlantic Region of NACUFS.
- Debby Jacobs, Dining Services Associate in The Law School Cafe, is honored by the Montgomery County Department of Developmental Disabilities with this year’s PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD for having held a job at Villanova for 25 years.
- Facultas Award Presented to Jim Mullen, The Curley Exchange
- NRA Philadelphia area sanitation award
- Pennsylvania Employer Honor Roll
- NACUFS top Nutrition Program for National Nutrition Month programs
- NACUFS Best in Business award for C-Store design
- 18 NACUFS Loyal E Horton awards
- Recipient of Restaurants and Institutions Ivy Award in 2004.
2010 Gold Plate Award
Tim Dietzler, Director of Dining Services receives the 2010 IFMA Gold Plate Award at the National Restaurant Association show in Chicago, May 24, 2010. Each year IFMA awards the silver plate in nine categories of foodservice, of those nine silver plate winners one is chosen to be the Gold Plate Recipient. The Gold Plate is an honor that has gone to someone in the College and University category only once before in the history of the award! That was Gerald Ramsey of Southern Methodist University in 1967. Please take a look at the articles about The Gold Plate linked below.