The mission of the Villanova University Police Oversight Board is to provide vision, guidance and oversight to the delivery of police services to the Villanova University community. Through its members, the Committee will facilitate communication and develop a mutual understanding of roles and expectations between the community and the University Police. This highly collaborative partnership will optimize police resources on campus by providing thoughtful insight into the safety and security needs of our diverse campus community and by monitoring police activity on campus.
The Oversight Committee will include two students, three faculty members, one staff member, an at-large member of the University community (i.e. alumni, parent, neighbor), and a University Administrator, who will serve as Committee Chair. These committee members are volunteers that have been appointed by the committee chair. The Director of Public Safety will be a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Committee and a representative from the Office of the Vice President of General Counsel will serve as an advisor on police legal issues. All non-student appointments shall be for two academic years, and all members are eligible for three terms of reappointment. Student appointments may vary in length.
The members of the Oversight Committee include:
- Rev. Rob Hagan, O.S.A. – Associate Athletic Director, CHAIR
- Eloise Berry, PhD, Director, Office of Intercultural Affairs
- Jermaine Bromell, Alumni
- Justin Cucchi, (SGA) Environmental Science and Geography student, Class of 2020
- Edward Hastings PhD, Assistant Professor
- Crystal Lucky, PhD, Associate Dean of Baccalaureate Studies, CLAS Associate Professor of English
- Tyler Schieda, (SGA) Student, Class of 2021
- Catherine Warrick, PhD, Associate Professor, Political Science
The Police Oversight Board email address is: email@example.com.
The Oversight Committee welcomes feedback regarding the performance and conduct of the university's Public Safety Department.
You can report a complaint using this online form.
TThe University also provides students, faculty, and staff with the option to report complaints in a confidential setting with EthicsPoint.