The Office of Research and Graduate Programs is pleased to celebrate these Summer Research Fellowships and Research Support Grants recipients:
Summer Research Fellowship and Research Support Grant Recipients
- Anil Bamezai, Biology; "To Investigate Inhibitory Role of Ly -6A.2 Molecule in CD4+ T Lymphocytes"
- Brian Chaplin, Civil and Environmental Engineering; "Development of Reactive Electrochemical Membranes for Water Treatment"
- Lan Nguyen Chaplin, Marketing and Business Law; "Count Your Blessings: Effects of the Recession on Children's and Adolescents' Materialism, Gratitude, and Generosity"
- Gang Feng, Mechanical Engineering; "Characterization and Modeling of Contact-Induced Mechanical Behavior at Small Scales at Different Temperatures"
- Vikram Kode Iyengar, Biology; "Sexual Selection on the Seashore: The Harem Mating System of a Marine Crustacean"
- Elizabeth Kolsky, History; "Empire and Terror in South Asia: A History of the Northwest Frontier of British India"
- Gabriel Rockhill, Philosophy; "Radical History and the Politics of Art"
- Rebecca Lynn Winer, History; "Conscripting the breast: Motherhood and Nurturing in the Medieval Realms of Aragon"
- Joseph Robert Yost, Civil and Environmental Engineering; "Experimental Behavior of Concrete Bridge Decks Reinforced with Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Rebar"
Summer Research Fellowship Recipients
- Michael Brown, Psychology; "Same/Different Concept Learning in Bees?
- Alan Drew, English; "The Hidden Life, a Novel
- Dean Diavatopoulos, Finance; "Does Corporate Governance Matter for Equity Returns?"
- Megan M. Quigley, English; "Vagueness and Modern Novels"
- Narda Quigley, Management and Operations; "Antecedents and Consequences of Team Member Boundary Spanning: An Empirical Investigation"
- Dennis D. Wykoff, Biology; "Transfer of the Phosphate Signal Transduction Pathway from Fission Yeast to Brewer's Yeast"
- Tina Yang, Finance; "The Evolving Role of Proxy Contests Research
Support Grant Recipients
- Emmanuel David, Sociology; "Gender, emotional labor, and identity at transnational call centers in the Philippines"
- Leslie McCarthy, Civil and Environmental Engineering; "Validation of Field Pavement Thickness for Construction of Local Roads"
- Dorothy W. Skaf, Chemical Engineering; "Photocatalytic Production of Hydrogen from Glycerol and Waste Streams Using Metal Loaded TiO2"