To apply for the Connelly-Delouvrier International Scholars Program students must submit their application, essay, resume and official transcript. The essay, resume, and transcript must be submitted as one PDF document. In addition, students must obtain two letters of recommendation from Villanova University faculty members. All materials must be submitted by Monday, April 12, 2021 by 5:00 PM. Please note, no late material will be accepted. No hardcopies or email submissions will be accepted.
1. Application: You must use the link below to fill out the application and submit all required documents. (No paper copies will be accepted.) Please note you must fill out and submit all documents in their entirety otherwise the system will force you to start the process over.
a. Application Link: http://villanova.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eaPcuu7lxI6W4Wq
2. Essay: Please write a 1000-word essay that integrates your responses to the following questions:
a. Describe in detail your intended program of study and related cultural activities.
b. How does your intended of study fit into your arc of development?
c. Why have you selected this particular country and this particular program?
d. How will it build upon your past experiences and contribute to your future plans and goals?
e. How will this program contribute to your growth as a global citizen?
f. What draws you to pursue an international studies program?
g. What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?
h. How do you see your role as an ambassador for Villanova?
i. What qualifies you for this role?
j. What might you contribute to the Villanova community as a result of this experience upon your return?
3. Resume: Include a resume listing your college honors, scholarships, extracurricular activities, publications, community service, performances, employment, and other activities that you consider most significant. No hardcopies or email submissions will be accepted.
4. Official Transcripts: Villanova transcripts should be requested electronically from the Registrar’s Office. No hardcopies or email submissions will be accepted.
5. Recommendations: Your recommendations should address your academic potential and your ability to flourish in and contribute to a different cultural environment. Your recommenders should be Villanova University professors. Please send the link below to your recommenders. Recommendations are due on Monday, April 12, 2021 by 5:00 PM. No paper copies or email submissions will be accepted. All professors will be notified once letters are received by the Honors Program.
a. Recommenders Link: http://villanova.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_djuIiqbq2vdAlyC
6. Please direct any questions to Honorsprogram@villanova.edu