Villanova University Student Research Symposium
Villanova Student Research Symposium
The 2022 Student Research Symposium will take place on Friday, November 11, 2022 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. We invite all community members to save the date!
For students whose research does not lend itself to a scientific poster presentation, CRF offers the option of delivering a 10-minute presentation. When registering for the Symposium, please select the “oral presentation” option on the final question. CRF will be in contact with you about logistics shortly after the registration deadline. You are also welcome to contact CRF directly with any questions.
For the 2022 Symposium, the Center for Research and Fellowships will pay for poster printing for undergraduate participants through Villanova iPRINT. To qualify for CRF support for poster printing, students must submit their poster file to Villanova iPRINT. CRF will not reimburse students who have posters printed by other vendors or who do not submit their files to iPRINT.
Students should coordinate with faculty mentors on their preferred vendor for printing posters; some departments or mentors prefer specific vendors or have in-house printing capabilities. Students are not required to go through CRF for poster printing, but CRF will cover the printing fee only for students who submit their poster files to Villanova iPRINT during the designated period of time.
Poster guidelines include the following:
- Posters should be in PDF format set to the size at which the poster is to print; the standard size is 36” tall x 48” wide.
- Posters should include a title, authors, faculty mentors, and institution at which the research was conducted. Acknowledge any funding support you have received for your work, including CRF.
- Once posters are printed, students are responsible for picking up their posters. Please follow instructions from iPRINT.
Poster Ninja is an affordable outside vendor if you are not able to meet CRF deadlines. Please see the vendor's website for pricing information.
Poster Setup and Removal:
Students are welcome to set their posters up beginning at noon on the day of the Symposium. If students are unable to set up their posters before 1:00 p.m., please make alternate arrangements. Villanova will provide poster stands and each student will have an assigned row and number. Students are responsible for removing their posters from the Villanova Room at 4:00 p.m.
Click the links below to view abstract books!
- Poster should be in PDF format
- Poster should be set to the standard size (standard size: 36" x 48") and should include:
- Title of project
- Faculty mentors
- Abstract of project
- Acknowledge any funding support you have received for your work. The Villanova University logo can be found here.
- Title of project
- Submit your poster to iPRINT at least one week prior to the Symposium. To qualify for CRF poster printing support, submit by the designated deadline.
University of New Hampshire
- Building a Poster Using PowerPoint: A Guide for Using PowerPoint to Present Your Research as a Large-format Poster
- Tips on Making a Poster: A Baker's Dozen
- Poster Perfect: How to Drive Home Your [Work] with a Visually Pleasing Poster
Texas Tech University
Meghan Long CON '15 explains her research to students visiting the Undergraduate Research Poster Session.
The 2017, Undergraduate Research Symposium showcased research of over 95 students.