2020 Villanova Student Research Symposium
- When? Friday, September 11, 2020 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Where? Connelly Center. Villanova Room (undergraduate poster presentations), President's Lounge (CLAS graduate poster presentations), Devon Room, Bryn Mawr Room, and Haverford Room (undergraduate and CLAS graduate oral presentations).
- Who? All Villanova students who engaged in research during Summer 2020 are strongly encouraged to share their work. Students who received the VURF, CRF Research and Travel Grant, CRF Summer Housing Award, Niedbala Fellowship, or Beckman Scholarship are required to participate as a condition of their awards. CLAS graduate student summer fellows will also participate.
Submit your abstract here by Friday, August 21, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. If multiple students will present under one poster, then the abstract should be submitted by one representative with all names listed as authors. When registering, students will be prompted to indicate whether theirs is a poster presentation or oral presentation.
For students whose research does not lend itself to a scientific poster presentation, CRF offers the option of delivering a 10-minute presentation. When registering for the Symposium, please select the “oral presentation” option on the final question. CRF will be in contact with you about logistics shortly after the registration deadline. You are also welcome to contact CRF directly with any questions.
For the 2020 Symposium, the Center for Research and Fellowships will pay for poster printing for undergraduate participants through Villanova iPRINT. To qualify for CRF support for poster printing, students must submit their poster file to Villanova iPRINT by September 4. CRF will not reimburse students who have posters printed by other vendors or who do not submit their files to iPRINT by the deadline.
Students should coordinate with faculty mentors on their preferred vendor for printing posters; some departments or mentors prefer specific vendors or have in-house printing capabilities. Students are not required to go through CRF for poster printing, but CRF will cover the printing fee only for students who submit their poster files to Villanova iPRINT during the designated period of time.
Poster guidelines include the following:
- Posters should be in PDF format set to the size at which the poster is to print; the standard size is 36” tall x 48” wide.
- Posters should include a title, authors, faculty mentors, and institution at which the research was conducted. Acknowledge any funding support you have received for your work, including CRF.
- Once posters are printed, students are responsible for picking up their posters. Please follow instructions from iPRINT.
Poster Ninja is an affordable outside vendor if you are not able to meet CRF deadlines. Please see the vendor's website for pricing information.
Poster Setup and Removal:
Students are welcome to set their posters up beginning at noon on the day of the Symposium. If students are unable to set up their posters before 1:00 p.m., please make alternate arrangements. Villanova will provide poster stands and each student will have an assigned row and number. Students are responsible for removing their posters from the Villanova Room between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m.