Presidential Scholarship - Selection Criteria
The Presidential Scholars Program (PSP) selection committees take a holistic approach in reviewing applicants and look at multiple criteria, including:
- Academic Achievement - Academic excellence as evidenced by high school course selection and GPA, as well as a high level of achievement on the SAT and/or the ACT. Please note, Villanova University is test-optional for the 2021-22 Admission Cycle. Under this policy, students may choose whether or not to submit SAT and/or ACT results for consideration when submitting their applications. SAT/ACT scores are not required for Presidential Scholarship consideration for the 2021-22 cycle.
- Civic Engagement - Demonstrated commitment to service in school and in the civic community
- Expertise in Field/Creativity - Capacity for creative expression and willingness to engage in new ideas
- Leadership - Demonstrated ability to motivate and build consensus to effect change
- Resiliency - Ability to handle systemic challenges and navigate resources to overcome obstacles
In addition to a record of superior academic achievement, we seek evidence of excellence in candidates as persons vigorously engaging in the world around them.
While there are no minimum grade point average or standardized test score requirements for Presidential Scholarship eligibility, nominees must be competitive applicants to Villanova University. See the Villanova Admission Profile for more information. For more details about admission to Villanova, including what it means to apply "test-optional," please visit the Undergraduate Admission FAQ webpage.