2019 marks the sixth annual Villanova Spring Research Expo, a week-long series of events that celebrates the scholarly achievements of Villanova's researchers - undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty. The 2019 Expo will showcase a year's worth of undergraduate research and student accomplishment in innovation and creativity, as well as research done by our graduate students and faculty. Don't miss this week-long celebration of scholastic success!
Throughout the week it will feature a different college's students presenting their research and hosting events to highlight the innovative work that is being done by enterprising Villanovans. See a full schedule of the week's events below.
ALL EVENTS ARE ACS-APPROVED!
Tuesday, April 23
- Student Panel Presentation: Undergraduate Research in Nursing
5:00pm - 7:30pm, Driscoll Hall, Room 134
- 2019 Student Podium Presentations:
- Alyssa Danvers (FCN '20) = Stem Cell Therapy for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (Systematic review of literature in conjunction with summer 2018 internship; Mentor: Melissa O'Connor)
- Addie Doyle (FCN '19) & Meghan Galvin (FCN '19) = Lost in Translation: Promoting Parkinson's Disease Patient Medication Safety (Findings from FCN simulation lab research; Mentors: Diane Ellis & Melissa O'Connor)
- Lauren Munter (FCN '19) = The Influence of Parental Behaviors on Adolescent Health Risk: Findings from a National Data Set (Secondary analysis of the Add Health National Database, FCN Davis 2018 Summer Scholar; Mentor: Elizabeth Dowdell)
- Kyle Richardson (FCN '19) = Compassion Satisfaction & Burnout in Relation to Patient Deaths among Pediatric Intensive Care Nurses (Descriptive/comparative study of RNs in pediatric ICU, VURF)
Friday, April 26
- Falvey Scholars Awards Presentation and Reception Ceremony
9:00am - 12:30 p.m., Falvey Memorial Library, Room 205
- Sigma Xi CRF Research Day
12:00pm - 3:30pm, Villanova Room, Connelly Center
Undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of science and engineering are invited to present their research in poster form at the symposium.