The Learning Communities Abroad Summer Internship programs give first-year students the chance to experience a unique international experience. In either London or Dublin, students participate in an 8-week study abroad program, consisting of a 3-credit Villanova-taught course, a 3-credit internship, and exciting cultural immersions and excursions.
- Increase awareness of academic interests, allowing for a more effective and fulfilling selection of major, which students do during the beginning sophomore year;
- Build professional experiences into a resume, to be more competitive for future employment, summer internships, research opportunities, etc.;
- Stimulate students’ interest in further study abroad later in the college career;
- Increase intercultural competencies that both employers and academia increasingly demand;
- Challenge students’ pre-conceived notions of the world through immersion in a foreign culture.