Villanova University, School of Business Global Citizens Program, Hong Kong
This program is open to Villanova University freshman who will be enrolled in the Villanova School of Business and who have a special interest in Asian economies. This sixteen week overseas study experience combines academic coursework with a practical internship located in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong is a dynamic and cosmopolitan city for students to be immersed in a vibrant culture and gain valuable professional experiences. For the same reasons that thousands of multi-national companies have chosen Hong Kong as their base, the city provides an ideal context for a successful academic setting and Asian internship experience.
Professional practice internship
Villanova University will partner with AIC, a non-profit provider of academic internship services in Hong Kong. In addition to academic coursework, students will participate in a professional practice internship, completing over 200 hours of work experience.
Villanova University students will have access to professional practice internship opportunities spanning a wide variety of industry sectors in Hong Kong. The internship services include:
- Instructions on preparation of a placement essay and a resume appropriate to Hong Kong
- Individual interview with an internship director on the Villanova University campus approximately two months prior to the program start date
- Group orientation on the Villanova University campus and on-site in Hong Kong
- Placement of student in a professional practice internship
- Follow-up and any required trouble-shooting
- Coordination with each internship supervisor and obtaining the supervisor’s and the student’s written evaluations
Internship placements are based on the skills, interests and professional goals of the student and the project needs and work cycles of the internship sponsors. Students are placed in internships that directly reflect or relate to their courses of study to ensure quality and academic relevance of the placement.