The Foundation of a Rewarding HR Career
Understanding HR can be challenging. Every day you’re presented with a wide range of situations unlike those facing any other profession. Career advancement comes with knowing how to address common as well as unexpected HR matters with confidence. Villanova's SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course not only helps you spot potential HR issues; it gives you the tools to manage them.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Professionals new to the HR field
- Job seekers who are thinking about a career in HR or recent graduates looking to enhance their resume
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
Developed by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR association and leading advocate for HR professionals, SHRM Essentials of Human Resources is the first introductory-level HR program to incorporate components of the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) and provides insight into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required of effective HR professionals around the world. While this course doesn’t prepare you for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification exam, it helps set the stage for those interested in pursuing certification. For HR professionals preparing to sit for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification exam, Villanova also offers a SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Exam Preparation course.
Upon completion of the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course, you will:
- Increase your understanding of human resource issues facing organizations today.
- Expand your awareness of HR behavioral competencies.
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills.