Villanova's Principles of Fundraising course provides students with tools and data-driven solutions for successful development activities. Effective fundraising requires sophisticated techniques for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting potential donors. Students learn from a team of exceptional faculty practitioners and develop a portfolio of strategies and skills to implement goal setting, strategic outreach and communication with donors.
The Principles of Fundraising course is offered in collaboration with the Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Philadelphia Chapter (AFP-GPC).
Who should take this course?
- Professional fundraisers who want to broaden their skills and knowledge
- Those seeking to enter the development profession or have just started a new position in development
- Volunteers engaged in fundraising activities
You will learn how to:
- Plan, implement and manage an annual giving program.
- Identify the best multi-media communication strategies and how to adapt your message per each outreach outlet.
- Apply the latest information technology to your fundraising program.
- Organize and host a successful solicitation event.
- Build meaningful, workable relationships with board members and volunteers.
- Assess your current organizations major gifts plan and how to implement better strategies for success through goal setting, strategic outreach, and communication with donors.