Villanova's Principles of Fundraising course provides students with tools and data-driven solutions needed to execute successful development activities. Effective fundraising requires sophisticated techniques for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting potential donors. Students learn from a team of exceptional faculty practitioners and develop a portfolio of strategies and skills to implement an effective approach to goal setting, strategic outreach and communication with donors.
The Principles of Fundraising course is offered in collaboration with the Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Philadelphia Chapter (AFP-GPC).
Who should take this course?
- Professional fundraisers who want to broaden their skills and knowledge
- Those seeking to enter the development profession or have just started a new position in development
- Volunteers engaged in fundraising activities
You will learn how to:
- Plan, implement and manage an annual giving program.
- Identify the best multi-media communication strategies and how to adapt your message per each outreach outlet.
- Apply the latest information technology to your fundraising program.
- Organize and host a successful solicitation event.
- Build meaningful, workable relationships with board members and volunteers.
- Assess your current organizations major gifts plan and how to implement better strategies for success through goal setting, strategic outreach, and communication with donors.