Villanova University's College of Professional Studies offers courses and certifications that build expertise and advance the careers of facility managers and sustainability facility managers working in any industry.
One of two facilities courses offered by CPS, Facilities Management qualifies students upon successful completion to earn IFMA’s Facility Management Professional® (FMP®) — the must-have credential for facility management (FM) professionals and industry suppliers looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the core FM topics deemed critical by employers.
For facility managers interested in sustainability, learn more about Sustainability for Facilities Professionals. This course qualifies students for IFMA’s Sustainability Facility Professional® (SFP) — the leading credential for the development of sustainable FM strategies.
Value of the FMP® Credential
- Gain a competitive advantage and improve your job performance through education and recognition.
- Build practical skills you can apply to your job immediately, resulting in cost-savings and added value to your organization.
- Earn professional credibility and recognition from current and potential employers, clients, work teams and peers.
- Earn LEED Maintenance CE credits: LEED Professionals can earn 60 general continuing education hours upon completion of the full FMP program or 15 hours per individual course.
- Earn IFMA-issued CEUs.
Who Should Become an FMP?
- Facility management practitioners looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the foundational FM topics deemed critical by employers.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs.
- LEED professionals seeking continuing education hours.
- Federal employees and contractors looking to comply with the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act (FBPTA).
Why Enroll in a Live Course?
By enrolling in this course, you’ll benefit from:
- An experienced instructor who presents the IFMA FMP Credential Program materials in an easy-to-understand format.
- Training close to home.
- A structured learning environment to keep you on schedule.
- Opportunity to build your peer network.
Not only will you enhance your FM knowledge and skills, and qualify for the FMP credential (upon successful completion of the four online final assessments), course materials are provided and will serve as an ongoing reference for facility management practices. The course investment includes all course materials and FMP final assessments, but does not cover the FMP application fee.