About the Course
Sustainability is broader and more significant than complying with a building rating system; it is a commitment to improving the facility's impact on the environment and people—not just at one point in time but continually.
IFMA’s Sustainability Facility Professional® (SFP) is the leading credential for the development of sustainable FM strategies. This globally-recognized credential delivers innovative ideas and training to help you advance your career.
This course is based upon and includes the IFMA SFP Credential Program® materials. The curriculum was developed by a team of global industry experts to provide a complete picture of how SFPs can improve the sustainability of their facilities in the eight major categories of sustainability as defined by IFMA: energy, water, materials and resources, workplace management, indoor environmental quality, quality of services, waste, and site impact. Course materials include:
- Electronic/printed reading materials
- Interactive online study tools
- SFP final assessments
Not only will you enhance your sustainability FM knowledge and skills, and qualify for the SFP credential (upon successful completion of the three final SFP assessments), the materials will serve as an ongoing reference. The course investment includes all course materials and SFP final assessments, but does not cover the SFP application fee.
Who Should Enroll?
This program is designed for all FM and like-minded professionals with an interest in sustainable practices. It is ideal for:
- Facility management practitioners with a baseline of FM industry knowledge.
- FM professionals with proven experience transitioning into sustainability related positions.
- Related industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- CFMs and FMPs interested in expanding their depth of expertise in the area of sustainable facility management.
How Do I Earn The SFP?
The IFMA SFP® Credential Program is the only tool you’ll need to earn your SFP® credential. This interactive program will teach the knowledge, skills and tools needed to develop sustainable facility management practices and also includes the final SFP assessments required to earn the SFP credential.
The SFP program is made up of three focus areas:
- Strategy and Alignment for Sustainable Facility Management
- Managing Sustainable Facilities
- Operating Sustainable Facilities
Earn LEED Maintenance Hours
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has approved the IFMA SFP Credential Program for Credential Maintenance. This is great news for LEED® Professionals who can now earn the SFP credential and 70 general CE hours when they successfully complete the SFP program!
- Approved for: 70 general CE hours
- Approval date: September 18, 2012
- Course ID: 0090008765
- Course level: 400
For more information about USGBC LEED Credential Maintenance, visit http://www.usgbc.org/leed/credentials#maintaining.