Education & Training Requirements
The Villanova University community takes a strong interest in how our society cares for children and the most vulnerable among us. We strongly encourage all members of the University community to learn about the signs of child abuse and neglect and what can and should be done to stop it.
For Villanova University employees and others participating in a Villanova University youth program, the following education and training requirements are mandatory.
ALL ADULTS participating in a Villanova University Youth Program need to carefully review the Villanova University Working with Minors: Training for Individuals Participating in University Programs Involving Minors. Upon completing your review, you must sign the certification form to indicate that you have taken the time to read and understand these materials, and return it as indicated below.
If you are either a Program Director or an Adult having Direct Contact with minors (which includes ALL sports camps), you must also complete the "Protecting Children from Sexual Misconduct" offered by United Educators. Upon completing this course, you must obtain either the transcript for the course or the certification form and submit it as indicated below.
To begin the training, follow these steps:
- Go to https://learn.ue.org/47883187824/VillanovaProtectingChildren
- Complete the Registration form.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address and click Register.
- You will receive a welcome email with your username and a temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email to sign on.
- You will be prompted to:
- Enter your temporary password
- Create a new password
- Create and answer a security question
- Once you are logged in, complete the course, "Protecting Children From Sexual Misconduct: Identifying and Reporting Sexual Misconduct."
- A history of your completed courses is available in “My Completions.” You will also receive an email containing a link to your completion certificate, upon successful completion of the course.
EVIDENCE OF COMPLETION
For VU employees, the certification forms for both types of training need to be submitted by the Program Director via the Minors Programs online registration system. If for any reason this is not feasible, please submit the certification forms to the University Compliance Office, 204 Tolentine Hall