Message from the Department Of Public Safety
We are excited to launch this free on-demand safety transportation service. Students can safely traverse campus during the evening hours, especially when alone. You must show your wildcard before getting into the vehicle. We cannot accept anyone without a wildcard.
Nova Van On Demand operates from:
9:00 PM - 1:00 AM Monday – Friday
7:00 PM - 1:00 AM Saturdays
Operation is during the academic year when classes are in session, specific dates below. Please note that if you request a ride outside the hours of service a driver will not be able to accept your request.
To Request A Ride On Nova Van ON Demand:
- Download the TapRide app for your smartphone (iPhone or Android) and log in using your firstname.lastname@example.org email address and password. Please make sure your phone’s location is turned on.
- Scroll and select Villanova University from the list of university partners.
- Request Ride
- Select a pick-up location (A), then choose a drop-off location indicated on the map: tap the B to secure this location as your drop-off location.
- Confirm Ride
- Select the number of passengers. (Only current faculty, staff or students are allowed in the vehicles and must have a valid wildcard)
- Tap “Submit Ride” and wait for the Nova Van On Demand vehicle at your designated Nova Van On Demand pick-up stop (see map).
- Wait times will vary depending on the number of request in the queue.
- The app will assign a vehicle and an estimated time of arrival based on a driver’s current location and the number of other pickups or drop-offs in route to the passenger.
- In addition to the smartphone app, users can access the web-based version of TapRide via Nova Now under the VU applications menu, select Nova Van On Demand or by visiting tapride-villanova.herokuapp.com/ride/#/
If you are unable to use the TapRide app, call 610-519-5800 to request your ride. Any comments, suggestions, or concerns please email email@example.com.
Nova Van On Demand Rules of use:
- Students are reminded to follow the University Alcohol Policy. The University Police will be contacted to investigate students under the age of 21 who appear to have been drinking or any individual (regardless of age) that is in a state of intoxication that endangers themselves or others.
- Alcohol (opened or unopened) is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Drivers will drive only to the planned destination.
- We do not transport to any off-campus locations.
- Wildcard is required before entering a vehicle for everyone getting into the vehicle.
- We cannot schedule rides in advance.
- Open food is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Missed rides without proper cancellation or misconduct can result in revoked riding privileges.
Looking for Night Owls to be Drivers
Nova Van On Demand is completely run by VU students, who are paid hourly. Join our team!
November 20, 2018 – November 24, 2018 Thanksgiving Break
December 21, 2018 – January 12, 2019 Winter Break
January 21, 2019 Martin Luther King Day of Service
March 1, 2019- March 9, 2019 Semester Recess
April 17, 2019 – April 22, 2019 Easter Recess
May 10, 2019 Stops for Summer