Emergencies, Accidents, Breakdowns: Call Public Safety 610-519-5800
Steps to become a Student or Employee University Approved Driver
In order to drive a University vehicle, all Students and Employees must complete the steps below before arriving for a scheduled reservation.
1. Go to the Driving University Vehicles page on the Insurance & Risk Management website:
- Click +Instructions for Applying to Become a University Approved Driver
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Record Consent Form and submit to the Insurance & Risk Management Department
- Students: You must complete the online Driver Safety Training Course available on Blackboard (employees do not need to complete this step). Print the Transcript that displays your Results and send a copy to the Insurance & Risk Management Department
2. Go to Agile Fleet and create your user profile. Once Insurance & Risk Management has received the above documents and approved them, your Agile Fleet Account will be approved and you will be allowed to drive a University vehicle.
3. Review the Van Fleet Policy and see Q&A below
4. You must bring your License and Confirmation Number with you for Pick-Ups. Pick-Up is at Garey Hall.
Insurance & Risk Management Department is located at the
Villanova Center 789 Lancaster Ave Suite #200 Villanova, PA 19085
email@example.com Phone # 610-519-8862 Fax # 610-519-6809
Making Vehicle Reservations
Students cannot make vehicle reservations. The Parking and Transportation Office will not create a reservation for a student. Students must have a responsible Faculty or Staff member submit a reservation for approval by the Parking and Transportation Office. If you have questions as to who should submit the reservation, please contact a department head or the Fleet Customer Service Specialist for suggestions.
Faculty and Staff need to create an Agile Fleet account, and then contact the Fleet Customer Service Specialist to have your account set as a requestor. You do not have to be a University Approved Driver in order to be a requestor. As a requestor, you must contact the Insurance & Risk Manage department about Policies, Waivers, and Compliance.
Departments will be billed for the following: Reservation Fee, Usage, No-Show Cancelation Fee, Non-University Van Rentals. Please contact the Fleet Customer Service Specialist for detailed cost information.
All vehicle reservations must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the trip date through Agile Fleet. Any reservation changes must be submitted through Agile Fleet.
Any trip a total of 300 miles or more, requires prior approval from the Director of Parking and Transportation. All drivers must be University Approved Drivers before an itinerary will be considered for approval. Complete the Van Fleet Itinerary Form and submit it to the Parking and Transportation Office 1 month prior to the trip date.
Q & A
For further information, contact the Parking Office for the Fleet Customer Service Specialist at 610-519-7038.
Emergencies, Accidents, Breakdowns: Call Public Safety 610-519-5800 For non-emergency information, please first check the glove compartment for insurance, registration, and gassing up.
- My license has been renewed, do I need to update it with Villanova? Yes, please resubmit the Motor Vehicle Record Consent Form to Insurance & Risk Management and update your Agile Fleet account.
- I drove for Day of Service, can I continue to be a University Driver? Yes, but contact Insurance & Risk Management to notify them of the group you plan to drive for, so they can have your approval set in the system correctly.
- What size vehicles are available? 5 Passenger cars; 7 & 8 Passenger Mini-Vans; 11 Passenger Vans with cargo space, 10 & 12 Passenger Vans (Hitches available on certain models, so please call for special arrangements)
- Do the vehicles have E-ZPasses? All vehicles have E-ZPass. Please proceed through the E-ZPass Lane at the posted Speed Limit.
- Who should submit a vehicle reservation on Agile Fleet? Faculty or Staff members can make reservations. Requestors must follow Insurance & Risk Management Policies, Waivers, and Compliance. If you need help finding out who your requestor is, please contact a department head or the Fleet Customer Service Specialist.
- Where do I pick-up the vehicle? Please come to Garey Hall with your license and confirmation number. The Parking and Transportation window will issue you the keys (after hours-Public Safety Dispatch). Vehicles are located on the top of the S-4 Law School Garage.