Mission and Operating Procedures
The University Parking Appeals Committee shall be the governing body for appeals of parking citations issued at Villanova University. The board shall meet as needed to review appeals, and will render a non-biased decision to all appellants, notifying them in an expedient manner. The Committee shall strive to ensure that equitable enforcement of all University Parking Regulations is applied.
- Membership of the PAC consists of representation from University staff (3-4 members) and University faculty (3-4 members).
- The chair of the committee will be elected by the committee annually. The chair can serve a maximum of three years.
- Members of the committee are expected to actively participate in committee’s work. The Chair is responsible for addressing participation and attendance issues, including asking that a replacement be named for any member who fails to consistently participate.
- All parking citation appeals are submitted online through the Parking Portal. The appeals committee will review the submitted information and the individual’s citation history.
- The committee meets regularly to review current parking policies and/or changes and discuss appeal decisions. All committee members receive training by the chair and/or experienced committee members before participating in appeal decisions.
- Committee members may act on appeals by voting to grant the appeal, partially grant the appeal (including reducing the fine), or deny the appeal. The decisions of the committee are final.
- Parking Appeal Committee meetings are closed to the public.