Mission and Operating Procedures
The University Parking Committee shall be the governing body for appeals of parking citations issued at Villanova University. The board shall meet as needed to review appeals that have not been previously adjudicated by the Parking Office, and will render a non-biased decision to all appellants, notifying them in an expedient manner. The Committee shall strive to ensure that equitable enforcement of all University Parking Regulations is applied.
- Membership of the PAC consists of representation from the following groups:
- Student Government Association – 3 members
- Staff Council – 3 members
- Faculty Congress – 3 members
- Management – 2 members (the Parking Manager and the Director of Public Safety)
- The Parking Manager and Director of Public Safety are standing members of the committee. Other staff and faculty members are ordinarily appointed for three year terms. Staff and faculty members can serve no more than two terms. Students are ordinarily appointed for a one year term. Student members can serve no more than four terms.
- The chair of the committee will be elected by the committee annually. The chair can serve a maximum of three years.
- Members of the committee are expected to actively participate in committee’s work. The Chair is responsible for addressing participation and attendance issues, including asking that a replacement be named for any member who fails to consistently participate.
- Parking ticket appeals received by the Parking Office will be reviewed and may be granted by the Parking Manager or the Director of Public Safety. Appeals that cannot be resolved will be distributed to the full committee.
- In order to act on appeals, at least six of the members must vote or be present at a meeting. To uphold an appeal, a majority of members must vote in favor of upholding. In the event of a tie, the appeal is granted. The decisions of the committee are final.
- Individuals wishing to appeal a ticket may do so in writing. Committee members may act on appeals by voting to grant the appeal, partially grant the appeal (including reducing the fine), or deny the appeal. The decisions of the committee are final.
- Parking Appeal Committee meetings are closed to the public.