Parking changes that will be implemented in the upcoming Fall 2019 semester.
I-1 Parking Garage, Ithan Avenue
The I-1 Parking Garage will now be the primary facility used by eligible resident students, commuter students and visitors to campus:
· Resident students will occupy the upper two levels.
· Commuter students and visitors will use the lower three levels.
· Access to the garage will be controlled by gates that will automatically raise with a special permit that affixes to the windshield.
· Those without a permit must take a ticket and pay a fee (first hour is free; maximum is $20 per day) upon exiting the garage. Payment can be made at the pay station kiosk inside the garage or if necessary at the gate with a credit card. An attendant will be on duty during day and evening hours to assist.
Other Campus Lots
In all other lots, license plate recognition (LPR) technology will be used to aid in our enforcement efforts.
· LPR cameras mounted on parking enforcement vehicles will automatically scan license plates of parked cars and will alert the enforcement officer to potential violations.
· This use of this technology to monitor parking lots will result in faster and more frequent checks of lots throughout the day.
· The goal of implementing this system is to ensure that illegally parked cars are not taking spaces designated for those who paid for a permit.
Visitors for Faculty & Staff Events
Faculty and staff hosting meetings and events will need to work closely with the Parking Office on parking accommodations for their guests well in advance.
Attendees at large events will be expected to park in the I-1 garage and pay the established rates. Meetings with only a handful of attendees may be accommodated in one of the other lots on campus depending on the day and time of event.
The Parking Office aims to be flexible whenever possible and should be involved as soon as possible during the planning stages of an event—even before the date and time have been finalized. For example, an event planned for a Friday will have better parking options than one planned for a Tuesday or Thursday because there are fewer classes on Fridays.
Additional Information for Resident Students
Resident students who are eligible to have a vehicle on campus will have several options for parking starting in the fall, including the I-1 garage on Ithan Avenue.
Unlike in past years when residents were assigned parking near their residence hall, students will now have the option to choose the parking area that best suits their needs. Other resident student parking options will be on West Campus, South Campus and behind Villanova Stadium.
Eligible students will have their choice of options based on availability on a first-come, first served basis. Parking lots will not be oversold and you may only park in the lot you have selected.
Guests of Students
Guests of students will have several options to park on campus. Paying to park in the I-1 garage will be required at all times—even nights and weekends.
However, parking regulations in many of the surrounding lots will only be enforced from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lots with limited hours of enforcement provide a free option for visitors and will be posted with signage at the entrances.
Visitors staying more than one night during the week—or eligible resident students who bring a car temporarily—will need to work out arrangements in advance with the Parking Office or pay the $20 per day rate to park in the garage.
As the semester draws to a close, we encourage you to contact the Parking Office at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns about these parking changes. There is also an FAQ section that will continue to be updated about the changes coming this fall.
Additional information about parking registration will be sent via email in late June.