The Fitzpatrick College of Nursing welcomes applications from adults who wish to begin preparing for a career in nursing. These include individuals who have completed college level courses either at a four-year institution or at a two-year associate degree program. All applicants must meet the entrance requirements for admission to the University.
We also welcome traditional transfer students. Why Villanova Nursing? As you seek your Villanova BSN, you will benefit from a wide variety of professional nursing career options, recognition of previous college credits, an opportunity to expand your knowledge at the graduate level and part-time study in the introductory level of the program. You may want to review our BSN Transfer information.
Important information for transfer students
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required to transfer into the nursing program.
- SAT 1200 or above (math and verbal combined) or ACT 26 or above.
- The nursing curriculum is a very structured one with courses in a pre-determined order. Because of the sequencing of courses, we generally accept transfer students to start coursework in August only.
- Spaces in the nursing program are limited due to lab facilities, clinical agencies, and student-faculty ratios (8:1).
- Transfer students can only enter this curriculum following completion of prerequisite courses.
Students interested in this program option are encouraged to submit unofficial copies of their college transcripts well in advance of the March 1 application deadline to allow for a preliminary review and appropriate advisement.
Internal Transfer Students:
- Submit 1-2 page; double spaced essay on "Why I want to become a Nurse" to firstname.lastname@example.org
External Tranfer Students:
- Apply using the Common App (LINK) https://apply.commonapp.org/login?ma=280
If beginning the process within one month of the application deadline, students are encouraged to apply through the Common Application.