The Theta Delta Beta Chapter of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc was chartered on April 1, 2006. It was started by 12 nursing students who were dedicated to the mission of this organization, which is “Service for Humanity.” Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc. is a professional organization for registered professional nurses and student nurses (male and female). This organization was founded on October 16, 1932 by 12 professional nurses who sought to elevate the plane of nursing and increase the interest in the field of nursing.
Chi Eta Phi is guided by its motto and has programs that focus on health promotion, disease prevention, leadership development, mentoring, recruitment and retention and scholarships. These programs fulfill the five purposes of the Sorority, which are:
- To encourage continuing education among members of the nursing profession.
- To have continuous recruitment programs for nursing and the health professions.
- To stimulate a close and friendly relationship among the members.
- To develop working relationships with other professional groups for the improvement and delivery of health care services.
- To constantly identify a corps of nursing leaders within the membership who will function as agents of social change on the national, regional, and local level.
The Theta Delta Beta Chapter is dedicated to upholding the mission of the organization and plans to develop this chapter into one that is involved in community service, networking and recruitment. To be a member, one must have been enrolled at Villanova University for two consecutive semesters with a minimum of 30 semester hours and must be in good academic standing.