Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Session: "Catholic Social Teaching and Economic Justice"
- "Economic Justice for All Twenty Years Later," David Hollenbach, SJ, Journal of Catholic Social Thought
- Economic Justice for All, chapters 1-3, US Conference of Catholic Bishops, 1986
Session: "Catholic Social Thought and Human Work"
Session: "Service Learning and CST"
Recommended articles and chapters:
- Ignacio Ellacuria, "The Task of a Christian University," in Companions of Jesus: The Jesuit Martyrs of El Salvador (New York: Orbis Books, 1990)
- Jon Sobrino, "The University's Christian Inspiration," in Companions of Jesus
- Edward Zlotkowksi, "Pedagogy and Engagement," in Introduction to Service-Learning ToolKit: Readings and Resources for Faculty, 2nd ed. (Campus Compact, 2003)
- Gary Daynes and Nicholas Longo, "Jane Addams and the Origins of Service-Learning Practice in the United States," Michigan Journal of Service Learning (Fall 2004): 5-13
- Jane Addams, "Socialized Education," in Twenty Years at Hull-House with Autobiograhical Notes (Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1990)
- Jane Addams, "Problems of Poverty," in Twenty Years at Hull-House with Autobiographical Notes
- Janet Eyler and Dwight E. Giles Jr. Where's the Learning in Service Learning? (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1999); description
- Service Learning in the Disciplines series, ed. Edward Zlotkowksi; description
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Session: "Pacem in terris and Human Rights"
Session: "Creation from Rerum novarum to Laudato si'"
Session: "CRS and the Villanova University Partnership"
Please overview the following:
Please read the following:
Please watch the following: