This is a 3 year program. Faculty members who begin their Mentoring service in Fall 2020 will conclude their experience in Spring 2023 when their Scholar(s) graduate.
The Faith and Learning Scholars Program function as one large intentional faith community. Together, Mentors and Scholars explore the vocation of the mind and the intersection of faith and learning in the writings of leading Academics.
- St. Monica III Group (current juniors)
- St. Thomas of Villanova III community (current sophomores)
- St. Augustine III group (current seniors)
Each academic year, there are
- 3 Dinner Dialogues for each community (see above) and
- 1 Dinner Dialogue for all to meet as a complete community.
Each dinner is a 2 hour commitment.
The Center for Faith and Learning will provide structure and oversight for a variety of mentor-scholar interactions.
- Students and faculty meet for the designated dinner to discuss assigned reading relevant to the nature, purposes, and challenges of faith and learning.
- Ideally, the Faculty Mentors will continue the Scholar Mentoring relationship until the student has graduated.