Taking part in a postgraduate volunteer program after Villanova can be a meaningful way to serve in marginalized communities and engage questions of social justice and solidarity. With over 200 secular and faith-based service organizations to choose from, we recommend you research and speak with friends and mentors about your desire for service.
Postgraduate Service Opportunities
Why Choose Postgrad?
Some of the many reasons grads answer the call to serve include
- Experience during college on a Service and Justice Experience, COV, RUIBAL, MLK Day of Service or St. Thomas of Villanova Day of Service
- Openness to encountering different cultures
- Desire to live out their faith
- Desire to live in a community
- Willingness to place oneself at the margins of society
- Recognition of benefits (graduate student scholarships, real-life experience in a supportive setting, travel)
Note: Service areas, housing, loan deferment and other benefits differ with each program.
Peace Corps Response Virtual Coffee Chat
Wednesday, April 27 | 1–2 PM
Peace Corps Response offers shorter term, 3- to 12-month service opportunities. Learn more about the program and ask questions. Register for coffee chat.
Salesian Sisters of St. John Bosco
Friday, June 10–Monday, June 13
A weekend together with other women ages 18-30 in the Salesian Sisters’ retreat house in NJ to take time away from busy lives and rest more deeply with God. Offers outdoor activities and time for discernment. Learn more and register.
Leading by Example
Meet some of the recent grads who have committed to a year or more of service.
Contact Kate Giancatarino.