Villanova University Hosts Eighth-Annual Technology Expo April 26
2012 Tech Expo, “Technology for 21st Century Education,” takes place April 26 in the Pavilion at Villanova University
VILLANOVA, Pa. – For the eighth consecutive year, Villanova University’s Technology Expo will showcase the latest in digital technologies for education and business. More than 120 technology innovators and exhibitors will attend the event on Thursday, April 26 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., at The Pavilion. The event is free and open to the public but online registration is required. To learn more about the 2012 Technology Expo, and to register for the event visit: Expo.Villanova.Edu
The Villanova Technology Expo is an opportunity for the regional education community to view the latest technology from leading vendors and exhibitors, learn from informative keynote speakers and connect with peers to discuss solutions and best practices.
The 2012 Technology Expo features two distinguished keynote speakers:
- Dubbed "the explainer" by Wired magazine, Michael Wesch specializes in the effects of social media and digital technology on global society. His videos on culture, technology, education and information have been translated in more than 15 languages and are frequently featured at international film festivals and academic conferences worldwide. Wesch is an Associate Professor of Cultural Anthropology at Kansas State University. Wesch’s keynote address is entitled The End of Wonder in the Age of Whatever.
- Ken Dulaney is a vice president and distinguished analyst in Gartner Research, where his research areas include smartphones, tablet computers, notebook computers, industrial handhelds, wireless communications, mobile software and device management strategies. He was a key participant in the development of the first tablet computer, for which he received several patents. Dulaney’s keynote address is entitled Pocket Power: Directions in Mobile Devices and the Management Challenges Ahead.
In addition, numerous informational sessions will discuss important technology issues and highlight the latest offerings in digital technologies for education. Sessions include:
- Web Tools Smackdown: Engaging Tools for Students and Teachers
- Assessment, Planning, and Accreditation: TaskStream's Cloud-Based Tools
- Social Media in Higher Education
- Your Survival Guide to Technology Integration
- Don't Transfer the Lecture, Tips & Tricks for Online Teaching
- Leveraging the Cloud for Your Campus
The 2011 Technology Expo had 1,100 attendees representing 240 colleges, universities, K-12 schools, school districts, intermediate units, non-profit organizations and businesses; and 100 technology vendors participated as exhibitors.
About Villanova University: Since 1842, Villanova University’s Augustinian Catholic intellectual tradition has been the cornerstone of an academic community in which students learn to think critically, act compassionately and succeed while serving others. There are more than 10,000 undergraduate, graduate and law students in the University's five colleges – the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the Villanova School of Business, the College of Engineering, the College of Nursing and the Villanova University School of Law. As students grow intellectually, Villanova prepares them to become ethical leaders who create positive change everywhere life takes them.