- Employers, Take Notes. This Is What New Grads Want From the Job Market. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Why women make great bosses : The Indicator from Planet Money (NPR)
- Philly’s James Ijames, fresh off a Pulitzer win, on directing another Pulitzer-winner, ‘Fairview’ (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Starbucks Union: Are Labor Unions Good For Public Companies? (Forbes)
- Villanova University scientist Joey Neilsen helps create cosmic postcard of black hole (6ABC Philadelphia)
Read the digital edition of the Spring 2022 issue of Villanova Magazine online. The cover story, “The Force of Nature,” features Alyssa Stark, PhD, Department of Biology, who is steering fascinating research on adhesion in geckos, ants and sea urchins. Also, in this issue, an insider’s tour of The Commons and a look at Villanova University’s vast and impressive art collection.
MORE NOVA NEWS
James Ijames, associate professor of Theatre in Villanova University’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the 2022 Pulitzer Prize Winner in Drama. The Pulitzer Prize for Drama is given to a distinguished play by an American author, preferably original in its source and dealing with American life. A playwright, educator, director and performer, Ijames was awarded the Pulitzer for his play, Fat Ham, a “loose” according to the playwright—adaptation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
Alessandro Roco ’09 Selected as Recipient of the Villanova University Alumni Association Young Alumni Medal
The Villanova University Alumni Association (VUAA) has named alumnus Alessandro Roco ’09 COE as the recipient of its 2022 Young Alumni Medal. The award honors alumni who have made outstanding contributions professionally, academically and in service to the University.
The 2022 Philadelphia Flower Show has wrapped up and Villanova’s Center for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Stewardship (CBEST) made a big splash with its educational and award-winning exhibit, “Blooming Biodiversity.”