Villanovans at the Top
A Villanova Law education prepares you to be not only a great lawyer, but also a great leader. And we have the alumni to prove it with Villanovans in leadership positions at numerous Big Law firms.
As chair of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the nation’s largest law firms, Jami Wintz McKeon ’81 leads more than 1,600 legal professionals—including lawyers, patent agents, benefits advisers, regulatory scientists and other specialists—in 28 global offices. When it came time to appoint the leader of the firm’s 450-lawyer litigation department, Morgan Lewis tapped Gordon Cooney ’84 and turned to Timothy Levin ’95 to fill Cooney’s role as managing partner of the Philadelphia office. The promotions resulted in a Villanova alumni leadership trifecta at one of Philadelphia’s most prestigious law firms.
Michael J. Heller ’89 is the president and chief executive officer of Cozen O'Connor, ranked among the top law firms in the country. Heller serves on the firm's board of directors, management committee, and heads the emerging business and venture capital practice.
Hope P. Krebs ‘87, a partner in the Philadelphia office of Duane Morris LLP and co-chair of the firm’s International Practice Group, was recently appointed chair of Multilaw, one of the world’s leading associations of independent law firms with more than 8,000 lawyers in 80 member firms in 70 countries.
At Villanova, you can follow in the footsteps of these individuals and our notable alumni who continue to achieve remarkable success as leaders at top law firms, including:
- Wendy J. Bracaglia ’81 – Managing Attorney of the King of Prussia office, Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman and Goggin, P.C.
- James M. Brogan ’81 – Co-chair of the US Litigation Group and a member of the Executive Committee, DLA Piper
- Julia D. Corelli ’84 JD, ’91 LLM – Vice Chair, Executive Committee, and Co-chair of the Commercial Department, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Thomas M. Gallagher ’89— Chair, Executive Committee, and Chair of the White Collar Litigation and Investigations Practice Group, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Richard L. Goldstein ’80 – Managing Attorney of the Cherry Hill office, Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman and Goggin, P.C.
- Nina M. Gussack ’79 - past Chair, Executive Committee, and Chair of the Health Effects Litigation Practice Group, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Alan J. Hoffman ’73 – Chairman and Managing Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Jeffrey A. Lutsky ’82 – Managing Partner, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP
- Vincent P. McGuinness, Jr. '81 – Managing Partner, Cozen O’Connor
- Patrick J. O’Connor ’67 – Vice Chairman, Cozen O'Connor
- Albert J. Solecki, Jr. ’90 – Chair of the New York office, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Edward P. Welch ’76 – Head of the Wilmington office, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP
Click here to learn more about Villanova’s cutting-edge curriculum, designed to foster both the legal and business skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s marketplace.