In case of inclement weather, the Charles Widger School of Law Commencement ceremony will be moved indoors to the Jake Nevin Fieldhouse. The Fieldhouse is located at the corner of Ithan and Lancaster Avenues. Students and guests should park at the Law School parking garage. Continuous shuttle service will take guests to the Church and Jake Nevin Fieldhouse.
- Student Entrance: Students should enter the complex using the entrance off Ithan Avenue, directly across from the Villanova School of Business. This entrance is marked “Villanova Athletics.”
- Students should assemble in the Talley atrium and hallway area upon immediately entering the building.
- Law School staff will assist graduates in the line-up. Do not skip seats.
- Students should arrive wearing robes and caps. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR NAMECARD.
- There will be a room for students’ coats, umbrella, bags – but this will not be secured so please do not leave valuables.
- Students will begin line-up at 10:15 am.
- Students will form two lines. Line up in any order you wish, keeping in mind that graduates on the right side of the line will be seated on the right side of the Fieldhouse and graduates on the left will sit on the left side. Therefore, the classmate you wish to sit next to should be either in front or in back of you
- The processional will begin at 10:30 am. Students will follow Dean Barton into Jake Nevin and continue until staff floor marshals direct you to your seats. Please do not skip seats.
Calling of the Names
- Graduates will be called forward to receive your degree one row at a time. As your row is called forward, follow the directions of the Marshal to approach the stage. Dean Henfey will guide each row of students as you approach the stage.
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR NAMECARD and keep your card with you as you go up the stairs on to the stage. Once on stage, you will give your namecard directly to the faculty reader and then continue across the stage to shake hands with the Dean and receive your degree. You will then continue back to your seat as the remaining graduates’ names are called.
- Graduates will recess from Jake Nevin behind Dean Barton, following the faculty and stage party into the Talley atrium.
Shuttles will be available to transport graduates and guest back to the Law School for the reception. Graduates must return their caps and gowns by 1:30 pm in Room 201.