Join the Nova Network, Villanova's official social and professional network, to find Villanovans in your industry and local area, discuss career-related topics and access resources for your professional development.
J. Willard O'Brien American Inn of Court
Charles Widger School of Law's Dean Mark Alexander with Keynote Speaker Judge Rendell '73
Welcome to the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law J. Willard O'Brien American Inn of Court, a nationally recognized, award-winning, chartered member of the American Inns of Court (AIC) - the oldest, largest, and fastest growing legal mentoring organization in the country.
Established in 2000, the Villanova Law Inn shares AIC's mission to promote professionalism, civility, ethics, and excellent legal skills among members of the bench and bar. The Inn also applies AIC's membership and program model, adopting the English Inns of Court tradition of legal apprenticeship by encouraging less-experienced attorneys to learn from more seasoned attorneys and judges in a collegial atmosphere that promotes:
- mentoring and networking between members;
- continuing legal education and skills development; and
- the exchange of legal concepts, ideas and techniques.
Currently, the Villanova Law Inn consists of 110 members - judges, attorneys, law professors, and third-year law students. It typically meets in the evening every second Tuesday of the month between September and May, with the exception of December, at Villanova Law or in Center City Philadelphia. The Inn is named in honor of J. Willard O'Brien, dean of Villanova Law from 1972 to 1983.
Current members are encouraged to use the Inn's website as a resource, and attorneys interested in joining are invited to become a member.
Recent Recognition from the American Inns of Court
- 2019-2020 - Achievers of Excellence - Platinum
- 2018-2019 - Achievers of Excellence - Platinum
- 2017-2018 - Achievers of Excellence - Platinum
- 2016-2017 - Achievers of Excellence - Gold
- 2015-2016 - Achievers of Excellence - Platinum
- 2014-2015 - Achievers of Excellence - Gold
- 2013-2014 - Achievers of Excellence - Gold
- 2012-2013 - Achievers of Excellence - Bronze
- 2009 - Outstanding Program Award - First Place and Third Place (three-way tie)