Villanova University encourages employees to pursue opportunities for personal growth and professional development. Here is a list of useful training resources to help employees achieve their Training and Development goals. If you would like access to supplemental reading material or training resources guides, please contact HR@villanova.edu. Please note that financial responsibility for any training program lies with the department and/or the employee.
Administrative Assistant Courses
- Administrative Assistant training programs are offered through Delaware County Community College and Montgomery County Community College. There are two excellent courses available: An introductory Fundamentals course and a level two Applications course. Click the links for course syllabi and pricing information.
- If you would like access to online courseware, videos, and other learning resources to enhance your professional and IT skills, you can sign up for a Skillsoft account. Visit the UNIT webpage for additional information on other technical training opportunities.
- All Villanova Faculty and Staff have round the clock access to extensive support services offered through our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP) , Health Advocate. Among these services are a wealth of career development tools such as online seminars, tips, and articles. Visit www.HealthAdvocate.com/villanova, or call the toll free number at 866-799-2728 for more details. Additional information can be found in the Health Advocate Get Started Guide.
EAP & Work/Life Resources
- As part of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Villanova offers employees a free library of webinars and online, self-paced, soft skills training courses. Topics include goal-setting, leadership, work-life balance, emotional intelligence, communication skills, and more. Click here for instructions on accessing the webinar library, and click here for a list of available archived webinars. Click here for instructions on accessing the online training library, and click here for a catalog of available courses.
- The College of Professional Studies offers faculty and staff the opportunity to earn non-credit certificates through classroom and on-line programs. Certificates Programs on campus include Paralegal Studies, Management Accounting, Alcohol and Drug Counseling and Fundraising. On-line certificates include Lean Six Sigma, Green, Black and Master Black Belt, Contract Administration, IT Security, Business Intelligence, Leadership and many other areas. Classes are available outside normal work hours and certificate programs are available at a discount for faculty and staff. Click here for more information.
Environmental Health & Safety
- The Environmental Health and Safety department offers job-specific training to assist employees in working safely. EHS provides annual classroom training to selected departments and several computer based classes. Visit the EHS webpage for information on available training programs and how to schedule them.