Regular performance appraisals are important for communicating expectations, assessing skills, and developing future plans. As such, an annual performance appraisal is required for every Villanova University staff member per the Performance Appraisal Policy.
To log into the performance management system:
- Go to https://jobs.villanova.edu/hr
- Log in using your myNova/email user name and password.
- Click on the three dots in the upper left corner of your screen, and select “Performance Management Portal” from the menu
Timeline for 2020 - 2021
- Staff Goal Plans are due 12/3/20
- Plan Acknowledgments are due 12/4/20
- Evaluation forms open 11/30/20
- All evaluations must be submitted by 4/1/21
Options for 2020-2021
Managers have two options to address administrative challenges you may be facing at this time:
- Use the standard performance evaluation form as you have in the past, OR
- Upload a narrative evaluation for each of your staff. To do this, simply use the online form to enter an Overall Rating and upload your narrative into the Attachments tab. A template is provided here. Instructions for completing this option through the Performance Management system can be found here.
This process will continue to be flexible, and the delivery method of these performance conversations, whether in-person abiding by appropriate safety protocols, or virtually via videoconferencing, is at the manager’s discretion. The priority during this performance review period is checking in with your team, having conversations to reflect on an unprecedented year, and offering support and guidance as we continue to navigate challenging times.
Staff should plan to submit a Self-Evaluation as they have in the past. Please note that the same flexible options as above apply for Self-Evaluations. There are no required fields in the Self-Evaluation form, and staff may upload a narrative as an attachment in the system if preferred.
To Locate Completed Reviews:
For training on giving and receiving feedback, performance management conversations, and goal setting, please click here.