Service Request System Instructions
The Facilities Management Office’s Service Request System was designed to provide you with a user-friendly mechanism to submit service requests to Facilities Management, Facilities Services, Custodial Services, Environmental Health and Safety, and pest control.
The system allows you to check the status of your requests as they are being worked on, and review labor and materials charges associated with these jobs after they have been completed.
- Submitting a Service Request
- Checking the Status of a Service Request
- Checking the Status of a Work Order
- Querying Service Requests
- Querying Open Work Orders
- Querying Closed Work Orders
What is the Difference Between a Service Request and a Work Order?
A service request is a request that is received by our dispatcher through our Web interface. Our dispatcher reviews this request to assure that all pertinent information has been provided. The request is then accepted or rejected based upon this criterion.
- If the request is accepted, it is assigned a work order number and dispatched to the appropriate trade for action. Requestor will receive an email notifying him that the request has been accepted.
- If the request is rejected, the reason for the rejection is noted on the request so that the requestor will receive notification of this when they query the status of their job. Requestors will receive an email stating the reason the request was rejected.