The Department of Environmental Health & Safety at Villanova is working closely with other departments, as well as following the county, state and federal guidelines to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Below are resources to help ensure the health and safety of our campus community.
EHS is open virturally and fully operational. We are working remotely and will be on campus to support essential services as needed. We are happy to arrange ZOOM Meetings or conference calls as needed.
Daily Health Self-checker:
For the start of the Fall semester, it is important that members of our community have resources for the self-monitoring of symptoms. Below are a few tools that can be used to complete daily health screenings before coming onto campus.
- NOVA NOW: VU Mobile App - Daily Covid-19 Self Assessment App
- Covid-19 Symptoms - Self Checker (CDC)
- Covid-19 Screening Tool Apps
- Self-Check Checklist
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
PPE is critical for use by all members of our community to help keep one another safe from COVID-19. Everyone on campus needs to wear a mask at all times when they are in public or shared spaces, indoors or outdoors, on campus or off campus. Students in their resdience hall rooms will form a "family unit" with their roommate(s) and will not be asked to wear a mask inside their own rooms or apartments. Masks are most effective when they fit tightly to your face. Any gaps between the mask's seal and your face present a potential path for virus. Double-masking or a different style or shape of mask can help maintain a consistent fit.
- Face Masks - Which Mask is Right for You?
- Face Masks - How to Wear a Non-Medical Fabric Mask Safely
- Face Masks - 7 Masks Myths You Should Stop Believing
- Face Masks - Improve How Your Mask Protects You
- Face Masks - Your Guide to Masks
Resources for Laboratories:
It is critical for Principal Investigators in our campus labs to understand the importance of additional health and safety measures being implemented during the COVID-19 crisis. Additional information about lab safety is below.
- Return to Campus Research Plan
- Return to Research Plans Approval Authorization Form
- Return to Lab Checklist - Research
- Return to Lab Checklist - Instructional Lab Guidance
Resources for Offices:
Below are resources for faculty and staff to ensure the health and well-being of those employees returning to work on campus.
- How to Work and Live Sustainably on Campus
- Returning to Campus - Departments/Offices Checklist
- Reception Area Layout
There is a comprehensive campus effort to ensure our community understands the health and safety guidelines through University signage. Building signage will be installed throughout academic spaces and resident halls no later than August 3rd. Additional optional signage is available to order now through NovaDocs in iPRINT. If after August 3rd you require additional previously installed signage, departments can request signage through NovaDocs in IPRINT at not cost. For special requests not satisfied by the standard signs, please email Environmental Health & Safety for approval.
Faculty, staff and students will be required to complete health and safety training before returning to campus.
- Returning to Campus Training Course - Faculty and Staff
- Return to Campus Training Course – Graduate Students, Available in Blackboard
- Return to Campus Training Course – Students - Available in Blackboard
Visitors to Campus:
Visitors coming to campus will be required to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Campus Visitor Form – Coming Soon.
Cleaning and Disinfection:
Our facilities management team will be doing thorough campus cleans with EPA-approved disinfectants throughout the semester in all living and learning spaces.
- REFILLS: Wipes, Hand Sanitizers and Classroom Placemats
- TruShot Disinfecting Spray Instructions
- TruShot Safety Data Sheet
- CDC Cleaning and Disinfecting Tool
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 - (Covid-19)
- Proper Handwashing Video (CDC)
- What you Need to know about Covid-19 (CDC)
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions