Cooperative Buying Groups at Villanova University
Villanova University actively participates in cooperative buying groups in order to identify cost saving opportunities. These groups have the potential to offer significant savings by grouping the spend of many other institutions together, in order to achieve a higher volume of overall spend to a particular manufacturer or distributor. These buying groups have their contracts competitively bid, which can help streamline the entire bidding, and procurement processes, as well as offer savings that Villanova might not be able to get on our own. To find out more about these cooperative buying groups, please contact the Director of Procurement.
Villanova University actively participates in the following groups:
- Educational & Institutional Cooperative - E&I is the largest, member-owned, non-profit purchasing cooperative serving the needs of education. We provide over 120 competitively awarded contracts as well as consulting services and dedicated member resources nationwide. As a trusted advisor to the education community, we exist solely to help our members save time and money.
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of PA. - The Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP), the only statewide organization that serves exclusively the interests of private higher education within the Commonwealth, exists to complement and support the work of campus leaders. AICUP was established in October 1995 through the affiliation of three existing educational organizations.
- PA State Contracts and Costars Contracts - COSTARS is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's cooperative purchasing program and serves as a conduit through which registered and eligible local public procurement units (LPPUs) and state-affiliated entities (together "Members") are able to leverage contracts established by DGS to cost effectively and efficiently identify suppliers with whom to do business.
- U.S. Communities - U.S. Communities is the leading national cooperative purchasing program, providing world-class government procurement resources and solutions to local and state government agencies, school districts (K-12), higher education institutions, and nonprofits looking for the best overall supplier government pricing.
- NJPA - NJPA’s cooperative contract purchasing leverages the national purchasing power of more than 50,000 member agencies while also streamlining the required purchasing process. As a municipal national contracting agency, NJPA establishes and provides nationally leveraged and competitively solicited purchasing contracts under the guidance of the Uniform Municipal Contracting Law. Joint Powers laws enable members to legally purchase through our awarded contracts
- Philadelphia Area Collegiate Cooperative (PACC) - The Philadelphia Area Collegiate Cooperative (PACC) a cooperative purchasing organization established in March 2000 as the result of an agreement between representatives of local higher education purchasing officers to utilize cooperative purchasing best practices to leverage combined buying power for our member institutions. The PACC combines the purchasing volume of its members to obtain the "least total cost" for targeted commodities while supporting the unique business requirements of each institution.