Vendors who will have access to Villanova Data, defined as any data or information collected, created, received, stored, accessed, processed, transmitted, hosted or otherwise managed for or on behalf of Villanova University, its employees, students, faculty, agents and representatives, are required to carry the below insurance and provide evidence via a certificate of insurance.
Insurance Requirements- Vendors on Campus with Access to Villanova Data
Villanova University listed as the certificate holder (Villanova University, Attn: Insurance and Risk Management, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085)
Villanova University named as additional insured
- Such insurance shall be primary and non-contributory to Villanova University's insurance
- General Liability: $3,000,000 each occurrence
Automobile Liability: $3,000,000 each accident
The General Liability and Automobile Liability limits may be met via an Umbrella/ Excess Liability policy.
- Professional Liability (Technology Errors & Omissions): $3,000,000 each claim
- Cyber Liability/ Network Security & Privacy Liability: $3,000,000 each claim
- If Vendor will have access to personal health information, electronic personal health information, electronic medical records, or FERPA records: $5,000,000 each claim
- The Cyber Liability/Network Security & Privacy Liability coverage can be satisfied by a stand-alone policy or via an endorsement to the Commercial General Liability or the Professional Liability/Technology Errors & Omissions policy. The Cyber Liability/Network Security & Privacy Liability coverage and its corresponding limits must be specifically evidenced on the Insurance Certificate.
Workers Compensation: Statutory*
Employers Liability: $100,000/ $500,000/ $100,000*
*If Vendor is a sole proprietor or otherwise not required by law to carry workers compensation/ employers liability, these requirements are waived as long as the Vendor attests in writing that those providing services and/ or products to Villanova carry health insurance.
If your maximum limits do not meet the above required limits, please provide a certificate evidencing your maximum limits and advise that these are your maximum limits. It is recognized that certain small vendors, contractors, or groups may not meet Villanova University’s standard insurance requirement limits. In these cases, a request for an exception may be made to the Insurance and Risk Management Department. However, no exceptions to the limits outlined above are permitted without the approval of the Insurance and Risk Management Department.
Note: The above insurance requirements apply to the Vendor, as well as all subcontractors hired by the Vendor to provide services and/ or products to Villanova University.